Member Rights and Responsibilities
The Member Rights and Responsibilities listed below set the framework for cooperation among covered persons, practitioners, and Aspirus Health Plan.
- To be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and right to privacy.
- To a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their condition(s), regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- To participate with practitioners in making decisions about their health care.
- To receive information about us, our services, our network of health care practitioners and providers, and their rights and responsibilities.
- To voice complaints or appeals about us or the care we provide.
- To make recommendations regarding the members’ rights and responsibilities policies.
To supply information (to the extent possible) that we and our practitioners and providers need in order to provide care.
To understand their health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals to the degree possible.
To follow the treatment plan and instructions for care that have been agreed on with their practitioners.